Sunday, May 19, 2013

Review: Maybelline Color Whispers

Maybelline Color Whispers
Swatch Left: Who Wore it Red-er
Swatch Right: Lust for Blush

Lip color on model: Lust for Blush

The problem with Target is that you never JUST buy what you intended on buying before entering the store.  This is exactly what happened to me over the weekend.  Going into Target is always a mini ADD trip for me.  I get distracted from the shiny objects (read: makeup).  Among the shiny objects: the Maybelline Color Whispers.  After perusing the various colors available, I grabbed two: Who Wore it Red-er and Lust for Blush.

I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY UNEQUIVOCALLY in LOVE with Lust for Blush.  I tend to gravitate to pink lip colors so I was naturally drawn to this color but upon applying it in the parking lot of Target (yes, I get THAT excited with new purchases), it was like love at first sight.

Creamy buttery application with a pigmented glossy finish, the Lust for Blush lipstick reminds me of the staple MAC Creme Cup.  However, I do believe this lipstick has more color pay off.  The Who Wore it Red-er color is a plummy red that also has a glossy finish.

The formula is definitely moisturizing and lasts just as long as any other MAC lipstick.  These are also comparable to Revlon's Lip Butters.  However, the Color Whispers smell so nice!

At $7.49, this lipstick is worth the money!  The Lust for Blush will be a staple in my makeup bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment