Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush



Advertised as being infused with "natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun," this blush promises to last for 12 hours on all skin types.  Amazonian clay minimizes oil for oily skin.  Those with dry skin will benefit from the nourishing and hydrating properties of Amazonian Clay.

Winner of the 2011 Allure's Best of Beauty and a Sephora Bestseller, this blush is formulated without parabens, mineral oil, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, and Tricl.  The clay is obtained from the basin of Amazon River where the clay is at its highest nutrient concentration.  The nutrients are further locked in by the baking from the sun.  At this point, the clay is then shaved down to a finely milled powder and infused into Tarte's formulas.

Two of the line's most popular colors are Dollface, a light pink, and Exposed, a nude.  I opted to try Dollface to not only test the longevity of the product but also the color pay off.

Color me impressed.

The blush itself comes in a colored plastic compact that matches the color of the actual blush you purchase, which I like.  The blush itself has a soft texture to it.  I use the Real Techniques blush brush to apply this product and it applies beautifully - no streaky or harsh lines with a smooth application.  It has good color pay off and can be layered for a more intense look.

So did it last 12 hours?  You bet it did!!  In fact, after at the 13th hour mark, even after I took a nap, I woke up to find the color still on my face.  This could very well be because of the primer that is in my bb cream, but I've worn other blushes with a different primer and it never lasted past 4-5 hours.

As someone who hates doing touch ups throughout the day and is always searching for long lasting makeup, I love this blush!

Retails for $26.

Verdict: Tres Bon!

No comments:

Post a Comment