Thursday, May 16, 2013
Recipe: Asian Marinated Flank Steak
This was a serious random mixing of ingredients with no rhyme or reason for measurements...and when my husband exclaimed, "WOW!" well...I knew I had to share.
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp sesame oil
4-5 cloves of garlic (adjust to taste)
1 tsp chili garlic oil
1/2 tsp minced ginger
3 - 4 lbs flank steak
ground pepper (I prefer white pepper)
1. Prep the flank steak by scoring its surface across the grain. This helps the marinade to absorb into the meat for more flavor. Place meat into a sealable plastic bag.
2. Combine all ingredients into a bowl.
3. Pour the marinade into the bag with the flank steak. Marinade over night in the refrigerator (at least 2 hours).
4. Spray a grill pan with cooking spray (healthier!) or spread a pat of butter all over the surface of your grill pan. Grill each side of the flank steak for approximately 4 -5 minutes for medium rare.
5. Let rest before slicing the flank steak thinly and at an angle.