Saturday, May 11, 2013

Recipe: Blueberry Banana Milkshake


It's only early May right now but in California, it's practically summer.  One of my favorite breakfast options during the summer is to make milkshakes.  Maybe it's the childhood memories of my mother always indulging me with a McDonald's milkshake when I was a little girl every time I was let out early during half days at school, but I absolutely love a great milkshake.

I tried to make a healthier alternative to McDonald's milkshake by using blueberries for their antioxidants, bananas for their potassium, Greek yogurt, and instead of sugar, I opt for organic agave nectar.  Quite frankly, I've made this milkshake without any type of sweetener because the fruits used provide enough sugar for my taste, but for those with a sweeter tooth, agave nectar is a healthier substitute to good ole granulated sugar.

Ingredients
1 cup blueberries - frozen to keep your drink cold!
1/2 of a banana
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (I prefer Chobani)
1 cup of milk
1 tbsp of agave nectar (or honey)

Directions
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.

Do you enjoy milkshakes?  What flavor milkshake do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment