Saturday, May 25, 2013

Review: Josie Maran Products

I was first introduced to the use of Argan Oil as part of my skin care routine in January 2011 when Josie Maran launched the Argan Oil.  What is argan oil?  It's a plant oil produced from the nuts of the Argan tree in the semi-desert region of Morocco.  The extraction process is extremely labor intensive, the process of which perfected by the women native to southwest Morocco.  

Advertised as follows by the Josie Maran Cosmetics website: "Commonly referred to as 'liquid gold' or 'The Gold of Morocco,' Argan Oil is an incredibly rich source of Vitamin E and essential fatty acids.  It has astonishing healing, conditioning and anti-aging properties to keep your skin and hair nourished and revitalized and to keep you looking beautiful from head to toe.  Argan Oil is not only a 'super food' for the skin and hair but for the whole body.  Having twice as much Vitamin E as olive oil including vital antioxidants, Argan Oil plays a major role in a healthy diet and is commonly used in traditional Moroccan recipes."

Hats off to the Moroccan government for assisting in the establishment of female collectives in 2002 to manufacture Argan Oil as a means to provide women in rural Morocco with a steady income, fair wages, good working conditions, literacy, and other education classes.

Argan oil moisturizes and nourishes skin (great for those with dry skin!), hair, and nails.  It's also safe to use on babies.  It's used for its culinary properties, cosmetic values, and medicinal purposes.

When the Argan Oil began working its magic on my face after I began using my Clarisonic Mia again, I became obsessed with the entire line.  

In January 2011, I met Josie when she first launched her Argan Oil.  When you're already looking and feeling like crap from a recent surgery, it's not the best idea to stand next to a supermodel haha

 Fast forward to May 25, 2013: I went crazy at Sephora at South Coast Plaza buying Josie Maran's products.  To my delightful surprise, she was there greeting fans and signing autographs for customers who purchased her products.  Again, it was another "roll out of bed" hair day for me.  Josie, on the other hand, looked her usual gorgeous supermodel self.

The contraband purchased (left to right): Argan Infinity Cream, Argan Illuminizer, Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation, Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick and Argan Cleansing Oil.  The Cleansing Oil was a gift with purchase.

Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation in Light/Medium: Let me start by saying I love using BB Cream.  However, I may be switching over to this argan foundation.  This foundation is formulated with Chameleon Pigments, which break down upon application to match the color of your skin.  Chameleon Pigments is a breakthrough color-match technology that suspends over fine lines and wrinkles to detract visible signs of aging.  You don't need to moisturize before you apply this foundation since argan oil is infused into the formula.

I normally only use argan oil during my nightly skin care routine.  I was very hesitant about using this foundation as I don't like using argan oil during the daytime.  I'm already oily in my t-zone and do not need a shinier complexion as a result of the argan oil in this formula.  However, to my pleasant surprise,  my skin remained matte (I DID apply powder to set the foundation in anticipation of an oily t-zone) while still FEELING nourished and dewy.  While the foundation first appears white before application to the skin, it truly does end up matching your skin.  The only con I can think of is that this product doesn't have SPF.  You will need to apply your own SPF.  However, because it doesn't have SPF, it is great for photography!

Absolutely mind blowing.  Retails for $42.

Argan Cleansing Oil: Don't hate me but click HERE for my review on Cleansing Oils.  There is no doubt that I will be switching brands to Josie Maran's.  Retails for $32 for 6 fluid ounces or $11 for the travel size 1.9 fluid ounces.

Argan Infinity Cream: Advertised as "One creamy oil, infinite possibilities."  This formula not only can function as a face moisturizer, but it also functions as an eye cream, lip balm, body hydrator, hair conditioner, and can also transform powder products such as eye shadows and blushes into a cream product for summer application.  It starts as a cream and then melts into an oil to provide the same benefits as the pure argan oil.  EVERY MAKEUP ARTIST MUST HAVE!  Retails for $28 for 2.2 fluid ounces.

Argan Illuminator: This skin brightener can be mixed with your foundation to provide an all over subtle and natural bronze and glow.  Applied under your eyes to rid yourselves of those pesky dark circles.  It's seriously "sleep in a bottle."  Applied before eyeshadows and it functions as an eyelid primer.  Retails for $28 for 1 fluid ounce.

Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick in Happy Honey: Aside from the Infinity Cream, this lipstick can also provide your lips with hydration.  The color is smack in the center while an Argan Oil infused balm surrounds the color.  I was told by a Josie Maran Cosmetics associate that the application of this lipstick is so foolproof that you can apply it without a mirror.
Love the idea of an argan oil infused balm but because of the design, I wouldn't apply this without a mirror if I were to use it as a lipstick.  I wouldn't be able to apply the color portion of this lipstick to fill my lips without it getting messy from the balm.  I would definitely have to use a lip brush if I want the color to apply where I desire it to go.  Thus, I'd use this as a tinted balm.  My lips have been extremely chapped this week but one application of this and my lips thanked me.  Retails for $22.

No comments:

Post a Comment