Thursday, April 11, 2013

Drugstore Product Review: Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter


Ever since I threw 4 of these lipsticks into my basket at Target, I've been reaching for them more frequently than the lipsticks I usually wear everyday (MAC or Lancome).  They're advertised as "a buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips."  Apparently, "94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated" due to the following ingredients: hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter, which boosts lip moisture by 156%.  Also advertised to provide "super charged hydration" and to glide on lips "buttery smooth."  Color me intrigued.

Pigmented, creamy, and hydrating - I was pleasantly surprised.  These lipsticks lived up to their name in that they literally glide onto your lips like butter.  The downside, though, is that they do not last long.  I have to reapply this lip product twice as often as my high end lipsticks.

The first color I tried was Berry Smoothie.  After lining and filling my lips with Revlon's lip liner in Plum, I applied a coat of Berry Smoothie.  Thanks to the fact that I colored my lips with a lip liner first (it helps your lipstick stay longer), I still had the lip liner color on my lips about 3.5 hours later.  However, the lip butter wore off by then, requiring me to apply a new coat.

For the more nude shades like Creme Brulee, use a lip primer (such as MAC's Lip Erase), or fill in your lips with a nude lip liner first so that the color will apply true to its color on your lips.

My favorite every day neutral color to wear from this line is Brown Sugar - it's very close to being a dupe of my Lancome's Rouge in Love line in the color Lasting Kiss.  Between $6-8 (depending on the retailer), Revlon's Lip Butter is definitely more affordable than my $26 Lancome counterpart.  So if you're looking for something affordable to wear and don't mind the constant re-application, give these lip butters a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment