Tuesday, July 30, 2013

First Impression Review: GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment

This mud mask converted me into an instant fan.  Talk about super powerful and EFFECTIVE.  I've been hearing / reading about the rave reviews but was skeptical about the hype....

Until I examined my skin after I washed this mask off.

Uh...where did I get this new face?

The mud mask hydrated my face like no other.  I now understand the expression "Like a baby's bum" because that's exactly how soft my face is (hold the jokes, please).  Note the word "is."  The next morning, my face is just AS soft and AS hydrated as when I first washed off the mud mask.  Before I applied the mask, I had noticed some small white bumps on my chin area as well as a pimple that hadn't  gone away despite use of my acne spot treatment the past few days.  Where are they now after the GlamGlow mask?  GONE.  That's where they are.  GONE.

This mud mask has a special technology called Pore Matrix that consists of Activated-X Charcoal and K17 Clay.  Both of these properties essentially extract and soak up toxic substances from the deepest crevices of your skin.  Simply put: it vacuums out the bad stuff!  Aside from this technology, it contains ingredients (aloe, cucumber, chamomile, glycolic acid, and salicylic acide to name a few) that promote skin healing, hydrate, de-clog and minimize pores, combat anti-aging, and soothe the skin.

The mask itself is a dark grey cream that you can apply to your face with your fingers or a brush (use upward strokes when applying by brush).  As the mud mask dries, the Pore Matrix gets to work, vacuuming out and trapping toxins onto the mask.  The dried mask will reveal dots of the Pore Matrix (basically your pores that were vacuumed out!) when complete.

GlamGlow recommends you leave the mask on your face for 5, 10, 15, or 20 minutes.  I felt it necessary to leave it on for 20-30 minutes to allow it to completely dry.  You can then rinse it off with just your hands and water or use a facial towel or sponge.  Instead of an all over facial mask, you can also use this for spot treatment for blemishes and acne.

This is fairly pricey at $69 for 1.2 oz.

Verdict: Purchase but I'd use it sparingly for those indulging self spa treatments at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment