I woke up with a huge craving for pancakes. I was wondering what to do with the remaining blueberries so I figured...why not throw them into pancakes? I love being able to use Greek yogurt in baking and cooking at every opportunity possible. Since I had some Chobani yogurt in the fridge, why not use them in the pancakes, too? I was delighted the pancakes turned out just as fluffy, healthier, and no less satisfying to eat.
1 cup all purpose flour (or whole wheat)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup Greek yogurt (I used Chobani yogurt vanilla flavor)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp honey
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup of blueberries
powdered sugar (optional)
olive oil cooking spray
1. Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl
2. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg and yogurt together.
3. Add the milk to the egg and yogurt mix. Mix together.
4. Add the lemon juice and honey (the amount of honey you use will depend on how sweet you prefer your pancakes).
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. The batter will be a little lumpy.
6. Gently fold in the blueberries.
7. Lightly spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter per pancake. Brown both sides.
8. Garnish with powdered sugar, blueberries, bananas, raspberries, blueberries, or any other fruit to your heart's desire.
Serve with a light maple syrup or honey.