Monday, September 2, 2013

Tutorial: Smokey Cat Eyes


It's no secret that the culinary talent over at Insatiably Epicurious is a personal friend of mine.  We both were blogging when Xanga was the in thing (how many here use to blog on Xanga??) and eventually, through another Xangan, we eventually met.  It's funny how social networks breed and foster friendships.  Ours was solidified by our love for food.  If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be back in the blogging world.  Check out her page for some delicious and home cook friendly recipes!

Anyway, she asked me about a makeup look I recently wore and posted on Instagram.  (If you haven't yet, you should follow me on Instagram: VinMaquillage.  I'm just sayin'!)  I wore this look recently when I got ready for BeautyCon, and I got a lot of questions about it.  The look is a lot easier to achieve than you think.  Since Insatiably Epicurious asked for my help to achieve this makeup look, I was forced to film a tutorial for the very first time.  The result?  Stressful but fun.  Who knows? I may even continue filming more!

Disclaimer: I am technologically challenged.  It took me FOREVER (ok, a day) to figure out how to edit the video using the iMovie app on my MacBook Air.  Unfortunately, I filmed using my MacBook and the audio did not sync up with the video - there's at least a 5 second lag.  (Apparently, this is common for all Apple users who upgraded to iMovie 11.)  As a result, I had to turn this into a sort of demo video.  Fortunately for me, I have a fantastic friend who is extremely knowledgable with videography since he works in the industry.  When I get a crash course from him, I will re-film this tutorial with a voice over tutorial.  Promise.  In the mean time, I hope you enjoy my rudimentary attempt at a tutorial.  


1 comment: