Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Review: Giorgio Armani Face and Eyes Palette in Neo Brown


While on holiday in Europe this past summer, I purchased my first lot of Giorgio Armani cosmetic products - a whopping 2 items!  This limited edition face and eyes palette from Giorgio Armani was one of the two.  The other is the the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation.  My review on that can be read HERE.  

This Face and Eye Palette from their Fall 2012 (yes, I'm a bit behind), called Neo Brown, has a Color-Fil technology for uniform color pay off.  This means darker colors apply darker and lighter colors apply brighter.  The top tier of this palette includes a sheer rose blush and the bottom tier is a trio of eye shadows: (left to right) Greige, Brown, and Earth Brown.  

The blush really does apply sheer.  It's described as a Sheer Rose but it appears peachy pink with a slight shimmer.  I'm not crazy about shimmer in my blush but I found that the shimmer didn't really transfer to my face.  You have to keep building this blush up in order for it to really show up on your face, thus, fulfilling its promise to be a sheer blush.  

The eye-shadows, however, are a different story.  From left to right, Greige is a shimmery cool beige color; Brown is a matte medium taupe brown; and Earth Brown is a dark matte espresso brown.  The pigmentation on these shadows are divine: they transfer in color almost exactly as they appear in the compact with a smooth buttery application.  The shadows also blended out easily and beautifully.  I was worried about the darkest brown shadow having fall down during application but that wasn't even an issue!  The shadows aren't chalky at all and adhered to my eyes better than most other cosmetic brands.

For those who prefer warm browns, this palette definitely falls in the cooler brown category.  However, even with my preference for warm browns, I was surprised to find myself loving how the colors looked with my coloring.



The packaging itself is a beautiful sleek black compact that makes it ideal for travel.  The closure is magnetic, adorned with the Giorgio Armani logo.  It is every bit as classy as Chanel packaging.

I was very fortunate to have purchased this palette 40% off courtesy of sale at Harrod's.  At $88, the higher cost seems justified by the quality of the shadows and blush, as they do not become chalky and remain smooth even after I've rubbed my brushes in them to transfer product onto the brushes.  I'd purchase more Giorgio Armani products when in the mood to spoil myself

No comments:

Post a Comment