Friday, January 25, 2013

Favorite Foundation at the Moment


I have combination skin.  The oily areas are oily and the dry areas are dry.  It's a pain to constantly blot my face with blot paper because I'm one of those girls who likes to have my makeup done once in the morning and then not worry about touch ups for the rest of the day.  Exceptions: lipstick, lipliner, and gloss.

Enter Chanel Mat Lumiere.  Advertised as follows on the Chanel website: "Perfect for combination skin with a tendency to shine, this oil-free formula delivers a soft, natural matte finish with maximum staying power.  Medium coverage looks impeccable and shine-free for up to 12 hours."

Trigger words for moi: combination skin, natural matte finish, medium coverage, maximum staying power...for up to 12 hours.

That's worth a trip to the Chanel counter to at least TRY it out.  I got the 30 Cendre shade (I'm an NC30 at MAC).  Helpful sales associate.  Terrible coffee breath.  I digress.

Verdict: A keeper.  I had been using Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Plus and while I am pretty happy with MUFE MVP, its staying power is no match.  Chanel Mat Lumiere stays on much longer, has great medium coverage (which you can definitely build but I choose not to for my everyday look), and it keeps my t-zone area sufficiently matte while not drying out my dry areas.

About 54 USD at your local Nieman Marcus.

No comments:

Post a Comment