Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 2013 Ipsy Glambag!


Hello hello hello!  July marks the first month of my Ipsy Glambag subscription, and I cannot tell you all how excited I am to finally wrap my hands around the 5 products that Ipsy sent me.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with Ipsy, it is basically a samples subscription.  For $10 a month with free shipping ($110 for 12 months), you get 4-5 samples of makeup, skin, and or hair products.  Ipsy includes all of these products in a cute makeup bag each month.  Click HERE if you're interested in joining!  Now onto the goods!

The entire package arrived in this uber cute envelope:
Anybody who knows me knows I love pink so HELLO! Adoring the fuchsia color!

And this was what was inside the fuchsia envelope

Healthy Sexy Hair's Soy Renewal Beach Spray Conditioning and Texturizing Spray.
This spray is suppose to give your hair a beachy undone texture.  It contains argan oil which is a huge plus since it'll help nourish and hydrate the hair.  When I applied this to my damp hair, it didn't affect my hair's texture.  Applied to dry hair, however, you need to mind the amount used.  Your hair does become a bit crunchy but it indeed texturizes your hair as it promises.  My advice would to just spritz about 3-4 sprays at the roots and then adjust accordingly.  

Award winning microdermabrasion scrub by Derma that does the usual stuff you expect from a scrub.  This one also absorbs excess skin oil with dead sea salt and volcanic sand.  It's also 100% vegan, cruelty free, paraben free, sulfate free, mineral oil free, glycol free, lanolin free, gluten free, and GMO free! One can certainly see why this is award winning.  Can't wait to try it!

Coola Face Mineral Sunscreen with SPF 20.  I had been shopping around for a sunscreen but got word through the ipsy subbies mill that this month's glambox includes a face SPF.  Made with 98% natural ingredients, is hypoallergenic and paraben free, this is well worth the $10 monthly subscription.

Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush
The first ingredient in this product is mineral oil.  As such, I will not be trying this product.  If you're looking for a review, you may want to google it elsewhere.  Apologies in advance.

BH Cosmetics Califonia Collection Eyeshadow Sample
Left to Right: Hollywood (plum purple), San Francisco (bronze), Malibu (gold)
The colors, while nice, do not seem to be pigmented.  I may need to try them again with a spritz of MAC Fix+.  At the top of my head, these colors are the cheaper dupes for MAC Parfait Armour (the purple), MAC Bronze (the middle e/s), and MAC Amber Lights (the e/s to the right).

So there you have it!  Did you get the same products in your July Ipsy glambag?  Which product is your favorite?  Let me know what you think of this month's Ipsy glambag, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment