Monday, April 21, 2014

Recipe: Cathy's Crab Dip



Hello, hello, hello.  I'm aware it's been quite a long time since I've updated this blog.  What can I say?  Life happened.  However, I'm back today with this delicious recipe for you all.

One of the perks of your good friend being a food blogger is that she can recommend recipes for you to try.  When I mentioned wanting to make a crab dip with the crab I had on hand, the culinary talent over at Insatiably Epicurious mentioned her BFF's recipe.  Thirty minutes later, I had a recipe to play with.  Thank you, Cathy, for allowing me to post this recipe with my tweeks (shown in italics)!

Ingredients
-11 oz cream cheese, softened
-1 small onion, minced (I used 1 medium shallot instead)
-5 tbsp mayonnaise
-12 oz of canned crab meat, drained and flaked
-1/8 tsp garlic powder  (I used 6 garlics, minced)
-salt & pepper (I used sea salt and white pepper)
-3 tbsp of lemon juice OR 1 tbsp lemon juice and zest from 1 lemon
-1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
-1/4 cup green onions, minced
-3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.  Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the ingredients to "marry."

3. Transfer the dip into a casserole dish.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
(Cathy also likes to serve this dip in a sourdough round at times.  To do so, bake in the casserole dish for 20 minutes, transfer the dip into a sourdough round, and then bake for another 10 minutes.)

Serve hot with crackers or toast points.

Bon appétit mes amis!

1 comment: