Friday, March 29, 2013

First Impression - Smashbox's CC Cream

Smashbox's CC Cream found its way to my inbox yesterday so of course I HAD to try it immediately.


Advertised as follows: "The advanced, lightweight formula neutralizes and brightens skin for a more even complexion.  It's also proven to fade dark spots, sun spots and post acne-marks instantly and over time.  Primes, perfects, protects (with SPF 30!), moisturizes and controls oil...prevents discoloration in the future."

My first impression:
  • Creamy formula
  • Gives more coverage than Smashbox's BB Cream counterpart but I don't consider this medium/heavy coverage
  • Disappears into the skin
  • Sets to a satin finish, not dewy
  • It's been about 6 hours now and my face has not gotten oily (I'm usually oily in my T Zone area)
This formula differs from Smashbox's BB Cream in that CC Cream is advertised to fade dark spots, sun spots, and discoloration over a period of time.  Smashbox's BB Cream does not advertise these benefits.  

I can't speak to the long lasting skin benefits of this product as I haven't used it long enough.  However, upon first impression, this cream seems to function like a tinted moisturizer with added skin benefits that should become noticeable over time.  

Will I purchase this again?  I'm leaning towards no at this point because my current BB Cream (Miisha M Perfect Cover) offers coverage as well as skin benefits that you immediately see once the cream sets.  I will blog more about BB creams in a future post once I'm done testing out a few different brands so stay tuned, dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment